Radar Chat is a free service allowing users to communicate with one another based on their location in the physical world. Since anyone can join Radar Chat and post anything they want there of course need to be limitations put into place. That is what this document is for.
Who May Use Radar Chat
- You may only use Radar Chat if you agree to these terms of service.
- You must be at least 13 years of age.
- You are responsible for the content you post on Radar Chat.
- Don't post any content that you don't want to be publicly available.
- Radar Chat neither enforces nor asserts the validity of content posted by users to Radar Chat.
- You retain the copyright for content that you post to Radar Chat.
- Radar Chat reserves the right to remove any content for any reason.
- Objectionable content will not be tolerated and abusive users will be banned.
- You may not post copyrighted works to Radar Chat that you do not own the copyright for or do not have permission from the owner to post.
- Biggoted, Racist, Sexist, or any content of that variety is not permitted on Radar Chat.
- Content that is considered illegal is not permitted on Radar Chat.
- Content considered NSFW (Not Safe For Work) must be marked as such.
- By posting content to Radar Chat you grant Radar Chat a royalty-free license to display or reproduce the content in any way that Radar Chat sees fit.
Use of Radar Chat
- You may interact with the Radar Chat service by using the Radar Chat app.
- You may not spoof your location to pretend to be somewhere that you aren't currently physically located.
- You may not "scrape" or "spider" content posted to Radar Chat, either by using the app or by reverse engineering the APIs it depends on.
- You may not impersonate another individual while interacting with Radar Chat.
- You must keep your account protected and your password safe.
- To end these terms you may terminate your account. Email us at email@example.com until we build an automated account-deletion mechanism.
- Radar Chat may choose to terminate your account if it determins that you've violated these terms.
Limitation of Liability
Radar Chat is provided "As-Is", and comes with no guarantee that the service will remain available, or that content will be backed up or preserved in any sense.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RADAR CHAT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE, RESULTING FROM AUTHORIZED OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF OR ACCESS TO OUR PRODUCTS.
- These Terms of Service will occasionally be updated.
- These Terms of Service shall be governed by the state of California in the San Francisco county.
- Violations of these terms may result in content deletion, account termination, bans, or any combination thereof.
- Severe violations of these terms will result in us contacting the authorities.